Sunday, February 14, 2010

And I Love Her

This is the first Valentine's Day I've spent with my Hayley and I have a feeling this is going to be one of our favorite holidays in the years to come. Hayley is turning into such a sweet and caring little girl that this annual outpouring of love really seems to suit her budding personality. These last few days she's taken to carrying her first doll, Olivia, around with her and routinely stopping whatever she's doing to hug and kiss her. It's such a pure and simple gesture; it melts our hearts each and every time. This morning when Geoff gave her a valentine she gave it the same little seal of approval.

We had a low key day that included visits by family and friends- which is exactly how the holiday should be spent. We all sported our Valentine's best but somehow Hayley's cuteness stole the show. Again.

When we went out to lunch Hayley took Olivia along and held her close the whole ride. She looked out the window as the world went by, all the while holding her precious doll tight and showering her with kisses. When I looked to the back seat to see the little love of my life so peaceful and content, I couldn't help but think that this had to be the sweetest Valentine's yet.

No comments: