Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm going to brag here for a second.

So, last night I was thinking that I needed to post about how I totally deserve a cookie for the fact that I actually shaved my legs while 33 weeks pregnant. Trust me, it was no small feat.

BUT THEN, I went to the doctor for a check up* and had my dreaded weigh in. This weigh in is the first since my last appointment 3 weeks ago, which means it was before my birthday, Christmas and New Years. I was not looking forward to it. I stepped on the scale, ready to cry, to learn I only gained THREE measly pounds! I almost kissed the nurse.

So, I think I'll have a side of french fries with my cookie, if you don't mind.
----------------------------

*The check up went well. Hayley is measuring 34-35 weeks which may mean she'll be here sooner than we thought, though they haven't officially moved up my EDD. I had a feeling they were more on track with my original EDD (2/13) so we'll see how it goes. Hayley is positioned head down which is good news. My total weight gain is 23 pounds, my blood pressure still looks good and there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. I took another blood test to check on my thyroid and iron levels and we'll find out in a few weeks how I'm responding to those treatments. Pretty much, I'm lucky to be having an easy pregnancy and Hayley continues to be the epitome of little fetus perfection! :)

No comments: