Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Boys Can Swim!

It's official: I do not have lazy sperm. Which is odd, considering how lazy I am.

As Miranda said, she took the test at about 5:30 in the morning. I was very much asleep. This quickly changed, as she burst out of the bathroom and put the test right in my face. My first reaction was "mm-hmm". My half-asleep state revealed my immediate feelings: with confirmation of my recent suspicion, all was right with the world. As I gained full consciousness, reality started to hit me. The ultimate goal had been achieved! Continuation of the species. In other words, an adorable little Miranda/Geoff amalgam was beginning its journey of life in my wife's uterus.

The ensuing 16 hours were a surreal blur. I barely remember being at work. My coworkers must have thought I was crazy, with the stupid grin plastered across my face all day. The evening consisted of being nearly squeezed to death by Kati, receiving baby clothes from Nancy (already), seeing more of our future when we visited Kelley and Dylan to impart the good news, and making the "best phone call we've ever had" to my parents. All in all, not a bad day. Not bad at all.

And thus begins our family blog, and our family. I couldn't be more excited, or more nervous.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

To be fair, you were SUPPOSED to get up with me when I took the test. When I got out of the bathroom you hadn't moved and since you didn't even put your glasses on I HAD to shove it in your face.

Note I do not usually shove things I've just peed on into people's faces.

Anonymous said...

And so it begins...having a stick that someone peed on stuck in your face may be prophetic on some level! We couldn't be happier or prouder of you both (and a small cheer to you having an element not lazy!).