Thursday, February 26, 2009

Introducing: Hayley Olivia Tuttle



Born at 6:04 PM on Saturday, the 21st of February, 2009. Hayley weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces and she was 20.5 inches long.

As you can probably imagine, the past 5 days have been, umm... Actually, there aren't enough adjectives in the English language. As of midnight Saturday, Miranda had truly begun labor and Hayley's arrival was imminent. 16 hours later, the doctor informed us that normal delivery looked unlikely. She made her final decision about an hour after that, diagnosing cephalopelvic disproportion. Basically, Hayley's head was a little too big to fit through Miranda's pelvis. The cervix had only dilated to about 5cm and it wasn't going to get any bigger. Sadly, the only option remaining was a cesarean section.

After spending 48 slow and agonizing hours in the hospital, the next few simply flew by. Miranda was prepped for the c-section while I engaged in my own frantic preparation. Then the moment we had been waiting for finally arrived. Our daughter was born. All the cliches you hear about this are completely true. There really are no words to describe it. Even in the surgical situation of a c-section, the event was beyond anything I could have imagined. I nearly fell over when they first showed Hayley to me. How I managed to hold up a video camera, I will never know.

Between then and now, more has happened than I could possibly cover in one post, so I will leave that for later. We've got plenty of pictures up, so click here.

1 comment:

naini said...

Geoff is so right...there are no words to explain how to feel about such a beautiful little human being. I can tell you that right now, as I sit in my office almost 800 miles away from that perfect little girl, my heart is bursting with pride and with love! But also with a bit of sadness because we are so far away. Thank god for the internet and also that we were able to spend a week there getting to know our beautiful, angelic first granddaughter Hayley.

We are so proud of you Geoff & Miranda. She is the very best gift we could have ever hoped to share with you and our new and wonderful extended family. We cannot wait to go back to CA for however long we can and see you all once again.

Please give our little hayley multiple smooches with love every day from her naini & papa....
and remember...all you need is love..