Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My little dream come true

Dear Hayley,

Yesterday your mama and daddy got to see you for the first time in over 14 weeks and all I can say is you're beautiful. Absolutely beautiful and perfect. You're developing into a healthy little baby girl and we couldn't be more proud. It was especially charming when you waved at us. You might not have been able to see it, but both your father and I instinctually waved back.

I just want to tell you how incredibly wanted and loved you were long before you were conceived. Before your father and I were even married, I had a dream about you. That's where you get your name, Hayley. Since that night we've talked about you countless times and imagined you in our life. I never suspected I'd be so lucky as to have it all come true. Yet, when the doctor told us you were you, I did not cry or do anything outrageous. I just felt a calm come over me. This was supposed to be. You picked us as your parents long ago, and I can't thank you enough for that.

I love you, sweet daughter of mine.

Love,
Mama

No comments: